Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter!

Image found here
 
I hope everyone had a marvellous Easter!
I had a super / busy / fun / manic / wonderful day yesterday with all my favourite people, gorging on chocolate (chocolate is OK to eat for breakfast on Easter, right?) ,cakes, pastries and then more chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
As non religious people Easter is more about spending time with family for us, and it is a bit of a tradition for the extended family to flock to my house for afternoon tea and an Easter egg hunt in a park across the road from us.
Oh, and chocolate.
But mostly the day is all about hanging out with loved ones and making sure the kids are having
a hoot.
This year my kids and I got good and messy making an Easter egg tree inspired by Aunt Peaches fab creations.
 
 
 
 
And "ta-dah", the finished product.
 
 
 
We were pretty chuffed with our lovely centrepiece, even if it did try and poke every ones eye out!
The weather tried to sabotage our Easter egg hunt (I knew I'd be cursing the rain soon enough - I'm never happy am I?), but thankfully we were spared a downpour and a very fun hunt ensued.
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the gazillion chocolate eggs that the Easter bunny was kind enough to leave for us, we retired to a groaning table full of cheesecakes, custard tarts, lumberjack cakes, cheeses and yeah, chocolate.
 
 
 
Yum yum yum!
What does one wear for hunting eggs and gorging on chocolate?
 
 
Stupidly, I didn't wear a skirt with an elastic waistband. When will I learn?
Even now, on Monday, I'm still high on sugar and happiness.
I do hope that Easter brought everyone love, family and yes, lots of chocolate!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment