Saturday 23 March 2013

The smoothie of doom!!!!

 
I caved.
I made it.
And of course it is the most delicious, the most tantalising, the most scrumptiously decadent bloody smoothie on earth. Damn it!!!
Since my will power imploded I have made this delight many times.
Some may say TOO many.
My children would say not enough.
My taste buds would concur.
My tummy, arse and bingo arms would vehemently declare that this divine treat should be a forbidden item. One of the "those which should not be cooked" recipes in the naughty back section of my recipe collection.
 
 
Try it if you dare!!!! (Cue evil laughter)
 
 2 frozen bananas (I always have slightly 'gone' bananas in the freezer now)
1/4 cup Greek or plain yogurt
1 cup milk
1 heaped tablespoon of cocoa powder (I use dutch cocoa)
1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
Small handful of ice cubes
Blend all ingredients well in a blender.
Enjoy and praise the universe for such delicious drinks.
 
If you omit the milk and ice-cubes and maybe throw in another banana you can make a lovely ice cream that only needs to be popped in the freezer for a couple of hours before eating.
 
Don't blame me when you become addicted and start to get the shakes if you don't get a daily fix.
I blame The Dainty Squid, because I was inspired by her recipe.
I merely altered it to suit moi.
 
I've gotta run, domestic duties call me and I can only ignore them so long.
(Damn the need for clean underwear. Damn you!)


No comments:

Post a Comment