Saturday 23 February 2013

Betty Lou

 
I introduced you all to the divine Miss Angelique, and now I have the pleasure of showing off my other Eye Spy treasure, the adorable Betty Lou.
Now Betty Lou isn't one of those high falutin fancy girls like Angelique, no, she's more at home sitting on a porch swing with a glass of home-made lemonade. But isn't she pretty!
She has the loveliest pink and green floral print on a black background, the cutest pockets and pink crochet trim. And let me tell you that she fits like a dream with such a flattering cut.
 
 
 
 
 
You know that all a girls needs to accessorise a frock is a luxuriant moustache!
 
I think the dress is made from a feed sack type cotton and looks to me like its from the late 40's/early 50's. There is no label and is obviously homemade so I have already concocted  a detailed (and romantic) back story about who made the dress and all that the wearer experienced whilst in the dress. Does anyone else do this or is it just me? Its pretty fun let me tell you. There is one frock I have that has a story that involves a love affair between circus performers. And I'm pretty sure I'm spot on with my imagined histories.
I have worn Betty Lou only twice, so I think whist our summer is favouring us with such glorious weather I need to take Betty Lou out for a stroll in the sun.
Hang on Betty Lou - we are going to go make some more memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment