Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

 
 
 
image found here
 
May 2013 be bursting with fun times, happiness, fulfilment and creativity!
I had such a great New Years Eve spent with some of my favourite people, lovely beverages, delicious nibbles and so much gut-busting, rolling-on-the-floor, eyes-streaming laughter, that my face hurts now.
You couldn't ask for a better start to 2013!
Here is a little glimpse at my night.
 
It was all so healthy until......
 
the baked brie made its entrance.
 
 
 
 
There may have been some illegal fireworks hi-jinks that were very, very entertaining but perhaps not so safe, so best not to incriminate myself any further.
I'm loathe to set myself New Years resolutions because, lets face it, I have zero will power and am just setting myself up to fail. Don't get me wrong, I don't have loads of terrible habits or issues that I need to rectify or resolve. I don't do crack, beat my children, spit on old people or spend all my money at the pokies. "You sound practically perfect" I hear you say. OK, so maybe not.
So even though I don't have resolutions, I have created a list of things I'd love to do in 2013.
 
1. Create more - I want to be inspired and hone my knitting and sewing skills and learn how to crochet. I want to feel confident following patterns and making clothes and not freaked out when I have no idea what the instructions are telling me to do.
image found here
 
2. Learn how to use my camera - Santa was good enough to leave a new DSLR camera under our tree
and although I love taking photo's I simply don't know what the hell I am doing.
 
image found here
 
3. Get healthy - I know it sounds so cliched, but there is a lot of room for improvement in my eating and exercise regime. (Not consuming my own body weight in Christmas pudding would be a start!)
I adore riding my bike, so I'd love to go cycling with my clan, having fun together in the great outdoors.
 
image found here
 
4. Take more risks - I am riddled with insecurities. Absolutely riddled! I second guess every decision I make and am so worried about not making the right decision that I don't end up making any decision and miss out on opportunities. I understand that that is part of my character but I am going to try really hard to just jump in, take risks, say yes and do it!
 
Gil Elvgren - Time for decision - found here
 
5. Enjoy the little moments in life - Aren't we all so busy, and I usually have an endless mental list of jobs that just have to be done. Right now!  I'd like to take a deep breath, push the task list away for a little while and just enjoy the precious moments that happen every day. Playing with my kids, talking with my husband, spending quality time with my important people, sitting quietly with a cup of tea and a book. These special moments are so fleeting that I want to snatch at them and embrace them.
 
image found here
 
I could probably go on and on with all the things I'd like to do in 2013, but I might leave some aspirations for 2014.
How did you celebrate the New Year?
Do you have any resolutions?
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment