Saturday 30 August 2014

Fun on the farm.

Well how about that. Another post and a month hasn't gone by. Go me!
I am feeling rather delicate after a wonderful night out with pals with lots of music, laughs and drinkies enjoyed after another heavy week at work. Actually I am totally surprised I didn't fall asleep at about 9pm (yep, I am such a hard core rager) as I felt I was already flagging. Luckily there was so much fun to be had, there just wasn't time to fall asleep!
We are starting to feel very Spring like here, and this weekend there is an abundance of glorious sunshine to frolic in. A few weekends back we also took advantage of a rain free day and headed to Caldermeade Farm, which is a working dairy farm and cafe and lots of fun for kids and grown ups alike. And a perfect excuse to don my newly purchased vintage mohair coat in the most divine tones of olive and green.
We wandered around the barn like viewing room amidst nostalgic old farming paraphernalia.

Oh how I would have loved to take this beauty home!
We did try and read some of the information about the farm displayed, but posing and playing took precedence.
This is the adorable cafe that was once the old homestead, and now is a great place to relax by the warming fires with a lovely hot cup of chai.
Hi moo's! It wasn't milking time when we visited the farm, so the ladies were at leisure, munching away peacefully in the sunshine.


If I had properly read all the information about the farm I could probably tell you the names of all the equipment. But of course my ignorance is painfully obvious so I shall leave it to you to imagine what all the shiny metal thingamajigs do.
A swell as all the moo cows there were many other sweet little creatures to bond with.
Yes these babies were snuggling in the cutest possible manner. And yes that is a fetching pink vest being worn. Because our fashion standards shouldn't drop just because we are on a farm.
An old tractor + young boy = a whole lotta fun.
After the farm, we couldn't resist popping in to a nearby antique shop. And I couldn't resist snapping this picture perfect cottage that is just so Australian.
We all enjoyed our  lovely family adventure, heading home tired and happy until we realised that we had perhaps brought home with us a little too much of the farm on the bottom of our boots, and had to drive with windows down to air out the stench. Ah the joys of the farm!

10 comments:

  1. How splendidly fun! I've never lived on a farm, but I've always had a major soft spot for them (no doubt because many of my ancestors and relatives were farmers) and would have been on cloud nine at a museum such as that - as would be my step-dad, who did actually grow up on a farm in the prairie province of Saskatchewan.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was very young I did live on a hobby farm with chickens, cows and horses. I remember being petrified of collecting the eggs, being chased by the bull and also on one occasion being kicked in the face by one of the horses! Despite all of that I love a farm. XXX

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant day out. I love all that old farming paraphernalia and that lamb is just adorable. You looks stunning in your new-to-you coat and I'm delighted that you managed to escape hangover free after a wild night out, always a bonus! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite hangover free but the pain wasn't too horrendous thankfully. The animals on the farm were really cute (and quite smelly too!) and it was definitely a lovely, relaxing family day. XXX

      Delete
  3. Can't beat a day on the farm from time to time, communing with the animals and admiring the old farming equipment!
    You and the kids look adorable, what a gorgeous coat. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That house looks darling! And how much fun to visit with farm animals!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pic of you and Little Miss! you look totally fab in your coat, and with a hangover, how do you do it?! a day out in the farm is always so good, although I'm pathetic with animal farm smells, especially on a hot day x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want to go on a farm day trip, too! but most german farms don't look very romantic ...

    you coat is so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brooke! just dropping by and sending a hug! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you all had a wonderful day and you look great in the new coat!

    ReplyDelete